Last updated: March 4, 2018
What information do we collect from users and how is it used?
The following describes the types of personal and other information YellowCross may collect or receive, and how YellowCross may use and maintain that information:
1. Registration. Before you use the services that YellowCross offers on the Site or otherwise, you will be required register with the Site and to provide us with your email address, a password, your first and last name and other contact information and personal details. We request this information for identification purposes, to communicate with you regarding your account, and to facilitate the functioning of certain services. We may keep this information indefinitely.
2. Forms. To fully utilize the services we offer, you or your clients, claimants or relevant individuals may be required to fill out forms that will contain personal information, such as name, address, telephone number, social security number, account information, employment, health status and other personal information relevant to your case, claim or matter.
3. Medical Records. In order to obtain the consultative medical services of our physicians, you may provide us with past and current medical records, description of symptoms, a medical history and life-style descriptions of relevant third parties.
4. Correspondence. If you correspond with us via email, we will create and store in a file specific to you the information that you submit. We may keep this information indefinitely.
5. URL and IP addresses. Like many other websites, YellowCross collects information about users’ utilization and navigation of our Site. This information helps us to design our Site to better suit our users’ needs. For example, our Site will track the URL that you visited before you came to our Site, the URL to which you next go and your Internet Protocol (IP) address. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Site. Your IP address also is used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information.
To whom does YellowCross disclose information that you provided?
YellowCross will not share, rent, sell or otherwise disclose any of the personally identifiable information that we collect from you, except when we have your permission or in any of the following situations:
1. We may disclose information that we collect about you to our third-party contractors who perform services for YellowCross in order to provide certain services or to complete or confirm a transaction that you conduct with us.
2. We may disclose the results of aggregated data about you for marketing or promotional purposes (for instance, that a certain percentage of our Site’s users are living in the United States). In these situations, we do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to personally identify you. Certain information, such as your password, is not disclosed to marketing advertisers at all, even in aggregate form.
3. We may disclose information about you as part of a merger, acquisition or other sale or transfer of its assets or business. YellowCross does not guarantee that any entity receiving such information in connection with one of these transactions will comply with all terms of this policy.
4. We may disclose information about you for purposes such as to provide services available on the Site; to enforce our members’ rights; to protect against actual or potential fraud; to resolve member inquiries or disputes; to receive payments; to carry out our business; to protect the confidentiality or security of our records; to administer preventive health and case management programs; to perform underwriting, auditing and ratemaking functions; to enable our service providers to perform marketing services on our behalf and inform Members about our own products or services; and, to comply with federal or state laws and other applicable legal requirements.
5. Moreover, we may be legally obligated to disclose information about you to the government or to third parties under certain circumstances, such as in connection with illegal activity on our Site or to respond to a subpoena, court order or other legal process. YellowCross reserves the right to release information that we collect to law enforcement or other government officials, as we, in our sole and absolute discretion, deem necessary or appropriate.
If you use our Site or services outside of the United States, information that we collect about you will be transferred to servers inside the United States and maintained indefinitely, which may involve the transfer of information out of countries located in the European Economic Area. By allowing YellowCross to collect information about you, you consent to such transfer and processing of your data.
What security measures does the Site employ?
YellowCross works to protect the security of your information during transmission and storage. Our Site requires users to give us unique identifiers in order to log into many areas of the Site. To help protect the privacy of data you transmit through this Site, where personally identifiable information is requested, we also use technology designed to encrypt the information that you input before it is sent to us using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology or similar encryption technology. Although YellowCross takes reasonable measures to protect the data we store and transmit to physician specialists against unauthorized access and use, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not gain access to your Personal Information. You should keep in mind that this Site and our services are run on software, hardware and networks, any component of which may, from time to time, require maintenance or experience problems or breaches of security beyond our control.
In addition, YellowCross reveals only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
What are the policies of linked Sites and other third parties?
What is our policy on children users of our Site?
The YellowCross Site is not directed to persons under 13. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS OUR SITE AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER. If a YellowCross client transmits personally identifiable information of persons less than 13 years old for review or consultation, such data or records must include a verifiable parental consent. If such consent is not provided, YellowCross will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 13 has obtained a YellowCross account, then you may alert YellowCross at the address below and request that we delete that child’s personal information from our systems.
What law governs my use of the Site and YellowCross’s services?
If you have any questions about this Privacy and Security Policy, or need to reach us for any other reason, you may contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or phone at:
Last updated: March 4, 2018